Leviathan Poi Camp 2020
Leviathan Poi Camp is the ultimate flow training experience!
NOTE: WE ARE MONITORING HEALTH ADVISORIES REGARDING COVID-19 AND WILL PROCEED ACCORDINGLY. SEND ME A MESSAGE TO GET UPDATES
July 5-11 and 12-18, 2019: Join Nick Woolsey and special guests at a visionary dance studio on a beautiful island, for one or two weeks of poi, flow arts, and adventures! Your experience will include:
- Diving into advanced poi and flow arts, including dance, rhythm, performance choreography, and moves!
- Endless time to practice and play on the huge, sprung dance floor
- Being blown away by the beauty of Lasqueti Island
- Feeling good by eating yummy organic food
Why? To take your flow skills to the next level with some of the greatest people you will ever meet!
Where? Leviathan Studio on Lasqueti Island, BC, Canada! (some ferry rides from Vancouver)
Prerequisites: For this event you need to be comfortable with all the poi basics.
Lodging: Leviathan is RUSTIC. Most people will bring tents and sleeping bags. There are a few large tents that can be rented for an extra fee. There are also a couple beds around the perimeter of the studio, and various great spots for hammocks.
Food: Leviathan puts a lot of love into the food! Vegan and vegetarian dishes are served alongside organic meat (wild salmon, chicken raised on the property, and wild lamb or venison). All the food is cooked on a wood-stove. 🙂
WE’RE NOT KIDDING! There is lots of food, coffee, teas, and snacks! We will feed you well! We’re talking major abundance of yum!
Please note the following:
- There are no flush-toilets, just artistic outhouses.
- There is a rustic, outdoor shower, and a pond.
- The ferry to Lasqueti is for foot-passengers only. If you drive, you will have to leave your car at the French Creek parking lot.
- We will pick you up at the ferry terminal on Lasqueti Island.
- All the electricity is from solar panels. So charging phones is ok, but no hair-dryers please.
- Lasqueti is remote, off-grid, and a long way to the hospital.
- Leviathan Studio requires that you sign a disclaimer upon arrival.
- Yes, bring other toys! (fire-gear, hoops, levi-wands, juggling balls, slack-lines, etc.).
- Bring swim suits, hiking boots, bug spray, rain gear just in case it rains, board games, and anything else that may help you enjoy ten days in a temperate coastal rain-forest paradise. 🙂
Who is this for, and not for? This is for those who love camping and adventure, and who are excited by the idea conditions flirting with primitive (but with amazing food and a sprung dance floor)! If you need a plush bed and hot water on demand, consider Poi Camp at Wild Sun in Costa Rica. It’s an equally awesome event and includes optional full-featured luxury rooms! 🙂
Start and End Times: First meal will be dinner on arrival day. We’ll have an opening circle with introductions after dinner. Our first poi class will be the next morning after breakfast.
Getting There: Lasqueti Island is 5-8 hours travel from Vancouver, including two beautiful ferry rides (cost is about $38CAD). Make sure to visit the HOW TO GET TO LEVIATHAN page! But NOTE: The busses may not be running. We may be able to help, but maybe not. You’ll have to figure out how to get here responsibly.
Summary: It’s not just flow training camp, it’s an adventure of a lifetime!
COST (including food): One week: 800CAD +tax (around 640USD) Two weeks: 1300CAD +tax (around 1050USD). There is a $100CAD deposit via Eventbrite, and the balance due by the first day of the event)
We are not taking deposits for now, although we do hope to have some kind of gathering. We should know more at the end of June. SEND ME A MESSAGE TO GET UPDATES!