Leviathan Flow Camp 2021
The ultimate flow experience
NOTE: This event may be modified depending on the evolving situation with Covid-19. SEND ME A MESSAGE TO GET UPDATES
June 13-19 and 20-26, 2021: Join Nick Woolsey and special guests at a visionary dance studio on a beautiful island, for one or two weeks of poi, flow arts, and adventures! Your experience will include:
- Diving into advanced poi-spinning and flow arts, including dance, rhythm, performance choreography, and moves!
- Endless time to practice and play on the huge, sprung dance floor
- Being blown away by the beauty of Lasqueti Island
- Feeling good by eating yummy organic food
Why? To take your flow skills to the next level with some of the greatest people you will ever meet!
Where? Leviathan Studio on Lasqueti Island, BC, Canada! (some ferry rides from Vancouver)
Prerequisites: For this event you need to be comfortable with all the poi basics.
Lodging: Leviathan is RUSTIC. Most people will bring tents and sleeping bags. There are a few large tents that can be rented for an extra fee. There are also a couple beds around the perimeter of the studio, and various great spots for hammocks.
Food: Leviathan puts a lot of love into the food! Vegan and vegetarian dishes are served alongside organic meat (wild salmon, chicken raised on the property, and wild lamb or venison). All the food is cooked on a wood-stove. 🙂
->WE’RE NOT KIDDING! There is lots of food, coffee, teas, and snacks! We will feed you well! We’re talking major abundance of yum!
Please note the following:
- There are no flush-toilets, just artistic outhouses.
- There is a rustic, outdoor, pond-water shower.
- The ferry to Lasqueti is for foot-passengers only. If you drive, you will have to leave your car at the French Creek parking lot.
- We will pick you up at the ferry terminal on Lasqueti Island.
- All the electricity is from solar panels.
- Lasqueti is remote, off-grid, and a long way to the hospital.
- Yes, bring other toys! (fire-gear, hoops, levi-wands, juggling balls, slack-lines, etc.).
- Bring swim suits, hiking boots, bug spray, rain gear just in case it rains, board games, and anything else that may help you enjoy ten days in a temperate coastal rain-forest paradise. 🙂
Who is this for, and not for? This is for those who love camping and adventure, and who are excited by the idea conditions flirting with primitive (but with amazing food and a sprung dance floor)!
Start and End Times: First meal will be dinner on arrival day. We’ll have an opening circle with introductions after dinner. Our first poi class will be the next morning after breakfast.
Getting There: Lasqueti Island is 5-8 hours travel from Vancouver, including two beautiful ferry rides (expect to spend $40 on buses and ferries). Make sure to visit the HOW TO GET TO LEVIATHAN page!
Summary: It’s not just flow training camp, it’s an adventure of a lifetime!
COST (including food): One week: 850CAD +tax (around 640USD) Two weeks: 1400CAD +tax (around 1050USD). There is a $100CAD deposit via Eventbrite, and the balance due by the first day of the event)
We will start taking deposits early 2021, assuming everything looks ok regarding pandemics, meth-alligators, rouge weather events, and other developments. SEND ME A MESSAGE TO GET UPDATES